Artifact: Business Concept
The Business Concept outlines what the business will do and the value it will provide to all relevant constituents. It is the foundation for all follow-on activities.
Click the icons for definition
The Business Concept is one of the essential artifacts in the IconProcess. A Business Concept may also be referred to as a business plan, business model, or vision. The Business Concept includes a definition of the target audiences, the product features and the unique business value it will provide to all constituents. The Business Concept also defines strategies for successfully implementing the product within the marketplace. This includes pricing, revenue, and distribution models.
Almost every role involved in the project needs to understand the Business Concept to some degree. In particular, the following roles use the Business Concept:
- The Role: Brand Strategist and Role: Brand Designer must use it to evaluate, refine, or create the brand.
- The Role: Acquisition Marketing Strategist uses it to develop marketing objectives and the Artifact: Marketing Plan.
- The Role: Business Process Analyst and Role: Business Designer use it to evaluate or define business processes and organizational design to support the business.
- The Role: Requirements Analyst uses it as input to discovering use cases and other application requirements.
- The Role: Information Architect uses it as input to structuring the application's navigation.
- The Role: Creative Concept Director uses it as input to ideas for the application's visual elements and marketing materials.