Iterative Project Management is an essential part of most modern software development processes. The Unified Process (and related processes including RUP, OpenUP, and EssUP), Agile Software Development, and Extreme Programming all embrace iterations as their underlying foundation.
Iterative development is considered key to adding agility to the software development process. An iterative development process allows the developers as well as the business to learn from and build on earlier software builds. Experience has shown that iterative development provides significant benefits in removing risks such as misunderstood requirements, brittle or unworkable architectures, and poor or confusing user interfaces.
The fundamentals and concepts of iterative project management often provide a significant challenge to organizations adopting these principles for the first time. Many different techniques exist to plan, control, and evaluate the iterations. There are choices in the amount of formal documentation, lifecycle phases, management oversight, supporting tools as well as other topics. Icon can guide you through these choices and help you get started successfully using these widely accepted techniques.
Common Problems Addressed by This Offering
- Discovering significant problems late in the development cycle
- Discovering misunderstood requirements late in the development cycle
- Poorly prioritizing requirements
- Key architectural problems that remain untested
- User interfaces not thoroughly tested until late in the development cycle
Iterative Project Management Services
- Iterative Project Management with the Unified Process (2 days)
- Advanced Iterative Project Management with the Unified Process (2 days)
- Agile Methodology Overview (1 day)
- Microsoft partner
- Microsoft VSTS QuickStart