Icon is an IBM/Rational Business Partner with a long history of partnering with Rational that began in 1997. As an IBM partner, we are both VAP (Value Advantage Plus) and SVI (Service Value Initiative) Certified. This means that we are certified by IBM to both sell their tools and provide services to support them. Few IBM partners can qualify for this status with the Rational product family.
IBM looks to their VAP / SVI partners to be their "go to" partner to provide the services to make their tools successful. As key benefits of VAP and SVI, we are certified by IBM to:
- Help with the tools configuration and rollout process
- Identify and correct problems with tool usage
- Maximize integration and efficiency with the tools
- Train and mentor the associated modeling skills necessary to fully use the tools
Minimum Path to Automation (MPTA) is our IBM VAP service offering. MPTA provides these benefits through a systematic and repeatable approach to tools deployment that focuses on the benefits of automation as well as getting the greatest results for the least cost. We are proud of our IBM partnership, our VAP partner status, and we believe that our MPTA offering combines the best of our many years of tools services experience, with IBM / Rational's enterprise capable SDLC tools.
Common Problems Addressed by This Offering
- We need help in tool evaluation and selection
- Our new SDLC tool doesn't integrate with our existing (open source, custom, or legacy) tools
- We have been using tools for a while, but need help with advanced features, like traceability
- We have installed tools, but don't know what to do next (we think that we need training)
IBM Business Partner Services
- Defining and Managing Requirements with Requisite Pro
- Analysis and Design using UML 2.0 and RSM
- ClearCase and ClearCase UCM
- QA and Testing Bootcamp
- Testing Agile Projects
- Testing Use Case Driven Projects
- RFT - Introduction
- RFT - Advanced Topics
- RFT - Integration with RQM
- RFT - Automation Framework Workshop
MPTA is Copyright 2007 © Icon, and is a derivative of MPTQ Copyright © 2003 by Symetosphere, and used under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.