Agile Product Owner Enablement
Agile software development employs certain principles and practices that enable development teams to quickly build and deploy high quality software products. An example of one Agile practice, is to establish the Product Owner role. The Agile philosophy is to approach the system under development as a holistic product, not a series of disparate projects. This course explores the responsibilities and expectations of the Product Owner role. Students will learn how a Product Owner can infuse business priorities, goals, and vision, into a development team and thereby build highly functional systems.
- Agile Basics
- Agile Roles
- The Product Owner: A deeper look
- The Product Backlog
- The Sprint Backlog
- How to handle changes to the Sprint Backlog
This course is designed for product managers and business managers who are subject matter experts and are involved in the planning and execution of Agile projects.
1 or 2 days
Please call (636) 530-7776 for private, on-site and live, web-based course pricing.
Related courses include: Developing Agile Requirements with User Stories, Applying Scrum with User Stories, Agile Estimating & Planning, Testing Agile Projects
- Understand the basics of Agile development
- Learn the role of the Product Owner
- Become familiar with the concept of User Stories
- Explore the practice of using a product backlog for overall scope
- Explore the practice of using a sprint backlog for sprint scope
- Understand how completed stories factor into release and sprint planning