Agile Product Owner Enablement
Dates & Locations
|No open enrollments at this time, please check back.|
Agile software development employs certain principles and practices that enable development teams to quickly build and deploy high quality software products. An example of one Agile practice is to establish the Scrum Product Owner role. The Agile philosophy is to approach the system under development as a holistic product, not a series of disparate projects. This course explores the responsibilities and expectations of the Product Owner role. Students will learn how a Product Owner can infuse business priorities, goals, and vision, into a development team and thereby build highly functional systems.
See detailed course description (PDF) link above for full list of topics and course content.
- Understand the basics of Agile development using Scrum
- Learn the role of the Product Owner
- Become familiar with the concept of User Stories
- Explore the practice of using a product backlog for overall scope
- Explore the practice of using a Sprint backlog for Sprint scope
- Understand how completed stories factor into release and Sprint planning
- Be aware of several ways to manage across multiple related Scrum teams
Audience and Certification Details
This course is designed for product managers and business managers who are subject matter experts and are involved in the planning and execution of Agile projects. Other project stakeholders who will provide input to and work with the Product Owner will also benefit from the course.
Applying Scrum course or familiarity with general Agile and Scrum practices and principles.
Please call (636) 530-7776 for private, on-site and live, web-based course pricing.